Château La Conseillante 2022

Today, the fifth generation of Nicolas manages the château, marking the continuity and attachment of a family to a great wine. Bertrand Nicolas and Jean-Valmy Nicolas are co-managers of La Conseillante. Marielle Cazaux is the Director.

Les Héritiers Nicolas can be identified by the label, with its canted sides and silver border, surrounding the "L.N" coat of arms. The purple cap is a reminder of the vintage's characteristic fragrance. These elements, chosen as early as 1871 by the Nicolas brothers, remain elegantly modern at the dawn of the 21st century.

La Conseillante has an inimitable style. In every vintage, the wine is characterized by a deep, brilliant ruby color. The nose develops a complex aromatic palette, combining violets, licorice, truffles and red berries. This wine is distinguished by its harmony, finesse and complexity.

The vineyard, which benefits from a unique terroir dominated by clay, is planted with 80% Merlot, which brings roundness, fullness and suavity. The remaining 20%, planted in Graves, are Cabernet-Franc, which brings structure and freshness to the blend.

Integrated viticulture, yield control, the search for optimal ripeness, strict sorting, replanting - all these vineyard treatments benefit from an unrivalled parcel-based vinification tool.

     Source: Château La Conseillante

3 Items
check In Stock

3 Items

Data sheet

Delivery period
Deliverable First semester 2025
87 % Merlot, 13 % Cabernet Franc
Alcohol level
2035 - 2060

Jean-Marc Quarin /  -  Noté 98/100 (april 2023)

Neal Martin / Vinous  - Noté 97-99/100 (may 2023)

Antonio Galloni / Vinous  -  Noté 96-98/100 (may 2023)

Jeb Dunnuck / Jeb  - Noté 98-100/100 (may 2023)

Jeff Leve / The Wine Cellar Insider  -  Noté 98-100/100 (april 2023)

William Kelly / Wine Advocate -  Noté 97-100/100 (may 2023)

Lisa Perotti-Brown / The Wine Independent  -  Noté 98-100/100 (may 2023)

Don’t show this popup again