Château La Conseillante 2018

Currently, the fifth generation of Nicolas manages the château, marking the continuity and attachment of a family to a great wine. Bertrand Nicolas and Jean-Valmy Nicolas are co-managers of La Conseillante. Marielle Cazaux is the Director.

The Nicolas Heirs are identified by the label with cut-off sides and silver border, surrounding the "L.N." coat of arms. The purple capsule reminds us of the characteristic perfume of the vintage. These elements, chosen as early as 1871 by the Nicolas brothers, remain elegantly modern at the dawn of the 21st Century.

La Conseillante has an inimitable style. In each vintage, the wine is characterized by a deep and brilliant ruby color. The nose develops a complex aromatic palette, combining violet, liquorice, truffle and small red fruits. This wine is distinguished by its harmony, finesse and complexity.

The vineyard, which benefits from a unique terroir, predominantly clay, is planted with 80% Merlot, which brings roundness, fullness and smoothness. The remaining 20%, planted on Graves, is planted with Cabernet Franc which brings structure and freshness to the blend.

Sustainable viticulture, yield control, search for optimal maturity, strict sorting, replanting, all these care taken in the vineyard benefit from an unparalleled tool of parcel-based vinification.

   Source: Château La Conseillante

6 Items
check In Stock

The 2018 is incredibly aromatic with blue and black fruits: blackcurrant, blueberry and blackberry, enhanced by a touch of floral and spice. The attack is very fleshy and the mid-palate is dense, prolonged by a tension and energy that lengthens the finish of this wine. This is a vintage of pulpy flesh, with powdery tannins reminiscent of cocoa powder.

Source/ Château La Conseillante 

6 Items

Data sheet

83 % Merlot, 17 % Cabernet Franc
Alcohol level
2028 - 2050

Jean-Marc Quarin /  -  Noté 98/100 (january 2022)

Jane Anson / Inside Bordeaux   -  Noté 96/100 (november 2021)

Neal Martin / Vinous  - Noté 97/100 (september 2021)

Antonio Galloni / Vinous  -  Noté 98/100 (march 2021)

Jeb Dunnuck / Jeb  - Noté 97+/100 (march 2021)

Jeff Leve / The Wine Cellar Insider  -  Noté 98/100 (march 2021)

Lisa Perotti-Brown / The Wine Independent  -  Noté 98/100 (march 2021)

Don’t show this popup again