Château Trotanoy 2020

Château Trotanoy has belonged to the Etablissements Jean-Pierre-Moueix since 1953. Its vineyard, composed of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, covers 7.2 hectares on the high plateau of Pomerol.

The mix of soils - half gravelly soil resting on clay and half deep black clay - on a bed of iron dross gives the wine both power and depth as well as great complexity.

Château Trotanoy is one of the most sought-after wines of the appellation and can be kept for several decades in great vintages.

Source: Jean-Pierre Moueix 

€1,716.00
Tax included
Size
Quantity
not_interested Out-of-Stock

Trotanoy 2020 could be described as a beast of a wine. Unlike the previous vintage, which was refined and graceful, this Trotanoy couldn't give a four letter word stealing what you think. It says "take me as I am" and makes no compromise.

For a 2020, it is atypically austere aromatically and I didn't scribble a word for the first 60 minutes after opening my bottle. With some serious patience, it eventually reveals incredible precision, minerality and subtle hints of lavender and incense. The palate is medium-bodied with a firm grip. It has the structure of the Forth Road Bridge, recalling the more unyielding Trotanoy vintages of the past.

But there's a stunning symmetry and an almost ineffable cerebral finish. In a world of instant gratification, this wine will be overlooked by many, but in 30-40 years, this Trotanoy will be a legend.

Vinous / Neal Martin

Data sheet

Designation
Pomerol
Year
Color
Red
Acceptance
100% Merlot
Apogee

Decanter / Jane Anson  -  Noté 98/100 

James Suckling  -  Noté 99-100/100